It gives me great pleasure to announce a new release of Poky, version 3.1 (Pinky).
This release has seen many major improvements to the core of the build system and in the usability of Poky output as a development environment.
A quick summary of the major changes is:
- Development of Anjuta integration with Poky’s SDK and QEMU, making cross development of applications simple.
- Addition of a users manual.
- New machine support: Compulab EM-X270, Zylonite, Freescale MX31ADS, Phytec PhyCORE-iMX31, Logic iMX31 Lite and the HTC Universal (experimental).
- Improved existing machine support, particularly the experimental Nokia tablet support.
- Standalone toolchain and SDK application developers can develop against.
- Addition of new tools to the SDK such as QEMU
- Conversion to use the sysroot mode of gcc, making cross compiling both easier and more robust.
- Conversion to use pkgconfig in sysroot mode
- Updates to recent versions of almost all packages
- Addition of NetworkManager to standard images
- Addition of a Webkit based browser
- uclibc support
The release also includes many bugfixes and other smaller tweaks and updates.
The release tarball: